From: Pete Serafin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 3:59 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Cant set custom tag attr with bean tags

I am trying to set a custom tag parameter in one of my JSPs based on a
value from an attribute set in my actionForm.  I am able to create a
bean using bean:define no problem.  However, using bean:write from
within the custom tag does not work.  I have also attempted to use
bean:parameter to define the value based upon the actionForm but cant
get that to work.  Am I going about this the right way,  or is there
another solution to this problem?  I have included some code below ....

//Retrieves the form properly
  <bean:define id="hardwareForm" name="hardwareForm"
type="form.HardwareForm" />

//custom tag ... fails
<abc:DropDown name="productCode" defaultValue="<bean:write
name="hardwareForm" name="producdCode" />" collection="<%= p %>" />

Thanks,

Pete Serafin