From: Richard Yee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 12:35 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: Bean Bug?

Mark,
Regardless of how the number is formatted, there will always be a problem
when handling currency amounts as floating numbers. Multiplication and
division operations will introduce rounding errors. I have found that it is
best to store currency amounts as ints and then have code in the beans to
format the values for display. This also can ease I18n issues when dealing
with currencies that don't contain decimals.

Regards,

Richard