On 09/22/2018 04:07 PM, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
PS. We have another pending problem with the dive site situaiton: the
Garmin Descent Mk1 gives us both entry and exit coordinates, and having
done four drift dives with it, I actually really *would* like to have our
mapping to show it as not a flag, but as a line between two points. But
right now we only associate a single GPS coordinate with the dive, and
because the Garmin reliably gives an exit coordinate but not an entry one
(if you jump into the water before it gets a GPS fix), the downloader will
just use the single exit point for the automatic dive site.

But that pending problem is an enhancement, not a bug.

Yes, and we already had people who said that they want us to associate a
path with the dive. And my answer to this continues to be that the visualization
is a pain and that I am not convinced that the accuracy of these GPS coordinates
is nowhere near good enough to make all this worth it.

The visualization of a path would certainly be a pain, but having start and end coordinates for a dive would certainly be neat - and for folks without an Mk1 who are using the gps logger, we can grab an ending GPS coordinate with time matching just as easily as we can grab a beginning one.

Maybe at least collect the start/end GPS so we have them in the data, and maybe later someone will good idea for visualization?