Not Far from the Kingdom

   Jesus saw that the man answered him wisely. So Jesus said to
   the man, "You are close to the kingdom of God." And after
   that time, no person was brave enough to ask Jesus any more
   questions.

                           -- Mark 12:34 (ERV)

KEY THOUGHT:
Despite the hostile environment in which Jesus faced the tough
questions put to him, he appreciated the honest seeking heart of this
expert in the Jewish law. In an atmosphere where most were trying to
trap Jesus, Jesus still had time to offer a great compliment to this
truth-seeker. While most of Jesus' questioners left embarrassed and
afraid to ask him any more questions, this questioner left with an
affirmation. We need to realize that Jesus is always happy to receive
us with our honest questions. He longs for us to seek him. However, as
we honestly seek to understand Jesus and his will, we must be certain
that we are living in obedience to that will. As we seek to obey our
Lord, our hearts are opened to understand his instruction so that his
will becomes clearer. So let's begin our honest questioning of the
Savior by first submitting our lives to his lordship.

TODAY'S PRAYER:
Gracious Heavenly Father, thank you for sending Jesus to share with us
and to show us your truth. Be with me and grant me wisdom as I seek to
live for you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.