Misleading Times

   Jesus said to the followers: "Be careful! Don't let any
   person fool you. Many people will come and use my name. They
   will say, 'I am the One.' And they will fool many people."

                           -- Mark 13:5-6 (ERV)

KEY THOUGHT:
False messiahs will be plentiful! That's Jesus' message. Even more
frightening than counterfeit messiahs, many people will be hoodwinked
by them and led away from the true faith. Unfortunately Jesus' words
have been profoundly true through the ages. Good people have been led
astray by evil or deluded leaders. Jesus doesn't want us to focus our
eyes on anyone but him. All others are false.

TODAY'S PRAYER:
Righteous Father, please help me see through the deception and charisma
of false religious leaders. Keep my heart reserved only for your Son as
my Lord. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.