The End Is Not Near

   "You will hear about wars that are being fought. And you will
   hear stories about other wars beginning. But don't be afraid.
   These things must happen before the end comes."

                           -- Mark 13:7 (ERV)

KEY THOUGHT:
When war occurs, people panic. That has always been true and it was
certainly true in Jesus' day. However, just because numerous wars are
occurring simultaneously does not signal that the end of the world is
near. These things will happen in our world throughout our fallen
history. Unfortunately war is a very prevalent problem with the human
condition. As sad and horrific as war is, we must know that it is not
the cause or determinant of the end of the world.

TODAY'S PRAYER:
O Father, I confess that I am upset that people are killed, maimed,
destroyed, and separated from each other by wars and the destruction
they cause. I want to stop these problems, but I know I cannot. Help me
not become overly distraught at what I cannot change and help me trust
you to be at work in our world. In Jesus' name. Amen.