Family Betrayal

   "Brothers will turn against their own brothers and give them
   to be killed. Fathers will turn against their own children
   and give them to be killed. Children will fight against their
   own parents and find ways for their parents to be killed."

                           -- Mark 13:12 (ERV)

KEY THOUGHT:
Jesus had warned that his ministry and those loyal to him, could find
themselves having to choose between their family and their faith, their
circle of friends and their faith. As the hostility of living in a
fallen world breaks upon us, betrayal will strike very close to the
hearts of believers just as it did to the Savior. We shouldn't be
surprised that some in our own family would betray us if one of Jesus'
handpicked apostles did the same to him.

TODAY'S PRAYER:
O Master and God, please help me to be strong enough to withstand the
betrayal of those close to me. Please let me never outlive my love for
your Son. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.