Shortening the Days

   "You will see 'the terrible thing that causes destruction.'
   You will see this thing standing in the place where it should
   not be." (You that read this should understand what it
   means.) "At that time, the people in Judea should run away to
   the mountains. People should run away without wasting time to
   stop for anything. If a person is on the roof of his house,
   he must not go down to take things out of his house. If a
   person is in the field, he must not go back to get his coat.
   At that time, it will be bad for women that are pregnant or
   have small babies. Pray that these things will not happen in
   winter. Why? Because those days will be full of much trouble.
   There will be more trouble than has ever happened since the
   beginning, when God made the world. And nothing as bad as
   that will ever happen again. But God has decided to make that
   terrible time short. If that time were not made short, then
   no person could continue living. But God will make that time
   short to help his special people that he has chosen."

                           -- Mark 13:14-20 (ERV)

KEY THOUGHT:
The troubles and tumult of the end time will be great. Yet despite all
outward appearances, God will remain in control and will protect and
bring deliverance for his people during these distressing times. As
God's children, those whose allegiance is to the Lord Jesus and whose
lives are focused on his Kingdom, our triumph is secure. It cannot be
taken from us -- not by Satan's power, not by evil times, and not by
death itself. Our God is in control and our Lord is on the horizon to
usher us into his eternal presence. Our task is to remain faithful and
be ready for his deliverance.

TODAY'S PRAYER:
O Father, empower me to remain faithful to you no matter the times or
my current circumstance. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.