Watch for His Return!

   "I tell you this, and I say this to every person: 'Be
   ready!'"

                           -- Mark 13:37 (ERV)

KEY THOUGHT:
As Jesus tells this as a story (see the preceding story), he is in
effect saying, "Watch for my return!" Throughout his ministry, he
emphasized that he, the Son of Man, would return in glory and with the
angels of heaven. His return would usher in the ultimate victory of God
and bring complete and eternal salvation for his followers. However, we
must be watching and prepared for his return. His voice, his words, his
earnest pleading reaches out to us through the centuries and beckons us
to be waiting and longing for his return.

TODAY'S PRAYER:
O Father, thank you for the assurance that your Son will return and
usher your children into your presence and eternal glory. Thank you in
Jesus' name. Amen.