Peter's Real Truth

   Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth. Tonight you will say
   you don't know me. You will say this three times before the
   rooster crows twice."

                           -- Mark 14:30 (ERV)

KEY THOUGHT:
"The truth is ..." Ouch! "You can't stand the truth!" is the old movie
line delivered by Jack Nicholson. I'm afraid we might not be able to
stand the full truth of our own weakness. Yet because of the
forgiveness of the Lord and power of the Holy Spirit, we can be
resilient and useable to the Master. Three denials do not mean forever
banishment from grace. They are just a sobering reminder of our
desperate need for honest humility and the power of God's Spirit.

TODAY'S PRAYER:
O LORD, please give me the strength I need this day to be strong in
your service, faithful in my promises, and tender in my dealings with
others. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.