Pilate Knows the Truth

   Pilate asked the people, "Do you want me to free the king of
   the Jews?" Pilate knew that the leading priests had given
   Jesus to him because they were jealous of Jesus.
   But the leading priests persuaded the people to ask Pilate to
   free Barabbas, not Jesus.
   Pilate asked the people again, "So what should I do with this
   man you call the king of the Jews?" The people shouted, "Kill
   him on a cross!"
   Pilate asked, "Why? What wrong has he done?" But the people
   shouted louder and louder, "Kill him on a cross!"
   Pilate wanted to please the people. So Pilate freed Barabbas
   for them. And Pilate told the soldiers to beat Jesus with
   whips. Then Pilate gave Jesus to the soldiers to be killed on
   a cross.

                           -- Mark 15: 9-15 (ERV)

KEY THOUGHT:
So often, people make their decisions to honor Jesus based upon the
opinion of the crowd around them. Pilate, though armed with Rome's
military might, is a puppet in the hands of Jesus' enemies because he
is willing to let the crowd decide what he will do with Jesus. What
about us?

TODAY'S PRAYER:

O Father, please give me the courage to be loyal to Jesus no matter
which way the crowd goes. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.