Here is something that was still in my code:

*  auto r = Simulation::start({"sumo", "-c", "main.sumocfg"}, -1, 60,
"default", true);*

So you'll need the 'main.sumocfg' file in your current directory.
The code I actually use (the above does compile but I haven't test it) is
something like this:

*  int prefSumoPort=8813;*
*  bool prefSumoVerbose=true;*
*  int num_retries=60;*
*  bool prefSumoGui=true;*
*  std::string cfg_name="main.sumocfg";*

*  std::vector<std::string> cmd;*

*  // Standard installation location  if (prefSumoGui)
cmd.push_back("sumo-gui");  else    cmd.push_back("sumo");  //
Configuration to load  cmd.push_back("-c");  cmd.push_back(cfg_name);*

*  auto r = Simulation::start(cmd, prefSumoPort, num_retries, "default",
prefSumoVerbose);*

Hope that helps,
Ruud