Can't say that I have. My VoIP project got put on hold. Coincidentally that got pushed back to the top of my list of things to do today.
We're pretty much sticking to a traditional phone approach. Hooking up our PBX to an Asterisk box that in turn has SIP trunks to a SIP provider.

I did go to the Skype forums and request they port it to Solaris. I would suggest anyone who is interested in Skype on Solaris do so also.

Closest thing I have been able to get working on a Sunray is still SIP Communicator.

That was all in a test environment though. Haven't tried it a real world scenario though with all my users.

I wouldn't mind if someone ported Ekiga to Solaris 10 though. It's available on OpenSolaris, but alas my work won't allow us to use OpenSolaris.

Aaron

Patrick wrote:
Aaron Wilson wrote:
No version of Skype for Solaris. Skype 1.4 is available for Linux. The Linux version supports Video now too. I imagine you couldn't do video from a Sunray though unless you could somehow use an IP Camera. I think Skype on Linux uses ALSA so there may be sound problems if you ran the Linux version on the SRSS. I don't know for sure (For some reason I'm thinking Sunrays use OSS for Audio, but I could be wrong and probably am).  I've never tried using it in conjuction with a Sunray. We run our Sunrays on Solaris so not an option really.

I'm currently tasked with researching ways to allow our users to use Skype. All of our users have a Sunray and a desk phone. I'm looking at products like Vosky, Skip2pbx, SkyStone to get Skype to work using our existing phones and PBX. I'm leaning more towards the Linux based Skip2pbx solution myself.

I'm also looking at SIP trunking too. On the SIP Softphone vs Skype Software front, I have had limited success on a Sunray. I loaded up an Asterisk vmware image on my Mac and ran SIP Communicator from a Sunray. I was able to get SIP Communicator to work from a Sunray, connect to the Asterisk server, audio, etc. Well, I was able to get my mic to work from a Sunray 1G but on a Sunray 2FS, the mic didn't work. Could of just been the cheap mic I was using I suppose.

Hi Aaron,

Just let me get this thread back on top again ;)
I am curious if you made any progress towards a Solution for having some kind of VOIP capabilities on a Sunray (Solaris).

There must be someone on this list whom already tried Skype on Linux? Possitive results?

Patrick