Schucks. I have a sneaking suspicion it has to do something with the fact that our ldap server is in our other office. I haven't tested my theory yet though. I have a feeling if I installed it in our office in which the ldap server resides it would work there. Kind of like how people in the other office can watch youtube videos with no problem yet in my location the web browser will freeze anywhere from 1 to 10 minutes anytime you try to watch a flash movie. I don't even know if it's ldap, all I know is certain things seem to work better in the other office versus my location that accesses the ldap server over our vpn. That being the only difference between our two sunray setups.

Rodney Sparapani wrote:
Aaron Wilson wrote:
I just installed OpenOffice 3.0 on my sunray servers. When i start up OpenOffice nothing happens. The process appears if I look using ps, but nothing shows up on the display.

Anyone have OpenOffice 3.0 working on a SunRay?

I've installed this on six Solaris 10 Sun workstations without issue, but it doesn't seem to work on my sunrays.

At a loss.

Aaron

Hi Aaron:

I don't know how much this really helps, but it works fine here.