Before I start getting to carried away I wanted to ask the group the feasibility of getting this working.

My company has two offices. Both offices are running Solaris 10 SunRay installations. One office houses our Sun Directory Server 5.2 which all SunRays in both offices use. The second office does all it's LDAP stuff over our VPN. I would like to setup a replica LDAP server. I am in the second office and already have a Ubuntu 8.04 box up and running and I would like to avoid the costs of getting more hardware to run a 2nd Sun Directory Server in my location.

I guess I have two questions

Can an OpenLDAP server act as a replica to a Sun Directory Server 5.2?
Can SRSS use an OpenLDAP server?

Using SRSS 4.0 on Solaris 10 on v20z servers if any of that matters.