Ok I figured out how to load the 4.0 gui firmware.

/opt/SUNWut/sbin/utfwadm -A -e 00144F7DD29C -f /opt/SUNWut/lib/firmware_gui

00144F7DD29C is the mac address of the DTU in question.

I'm assuming at this point I need to read up on how to use stop-s to configure the DTU to connect to my 4.1 SRS

I take it this only works on SunRay 2 and 2FS models. Didn't seem to have any affect on the 1G server I tried it on.

Aaron Wilson wrote:
1) You can use the GUI firmware to point the DTU to
  whichever server you need

For this option would I update the firmware on the DTU in question from our existing 4.0 server using utfwadm with the switch to specify a specific firmware file?
....then do a stop-s to get the pop-up gui?

Aaron

Jim Klimov wrote:
Hello Aaron,

Friday, April 17, 2009, 2:48:11 AM, you wrote:

AW> We currently have two servers running in failover. Those servers I AW> believe are running SRSS 4.0 and Solaris 10 U5.

AW> We want to test out OpenSolaris 2008.11 and SRSS 4.1

AW> I've followed the instructions on the wiki: AW> http://wiki.sun-rays.org/index.php/SRSS_4.1_on_OpenSolaris_2008.11

AW> I've gotten all the way to " Sun Ray Server 4.1 Topology Configuration
AW> Instructions" and run a "utadm -a vr0" and then did the utconfig...

AW> Trying to just test this OpenSolaris/SRSS4.1 install with a single test DTU.

AW> Not sure what to do next to make that DTU boot from the test server AW> instead of our normal SRSS environment.

Did that recently, you have a number of options:

1) You can use the GUI firmware to point the DTU to
   whichever server you need
2) You can make a dedicated subnet (i.e. by VLANs
   or physical cabling) so your DTU communicates with
   the correct server
3) You can configure the DHCP server(s) to issue the
   DTU's MAC address some specific macros pointing to
   the correct server (and/or firmware).

For option 3 you might want to convert the Sun DHCP
store to text file format (instead of binfiles) so as
to copy and edit the macros in a simple unsupported
manner :)

--
Aaron Wilson
Ernie Ball, Inc.

NOTICE: This e-mail is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this e-mail
or its contents is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply mail and destroy the
original and all copies of the original message.