Looks like no one else responded. I don't really have an answer. I can just tell about my experiences with it.

We never were able to figure out how to use a sunray for any kind of stable and usable VoIP in my office. I don't think there is a simple solution. Only pure Skype program method I can see being feasible is run Linux and SRSS. We never tested it though, but there is a Linux version of Skype.

We were able to get SIP Communicator on Solaris running in a testing environment connected to an Asterisk box. Asterisk and Skype have now partenered up. That program is still in private beta. Skype to Sip is another option Skype is offering now in beta. I believe it just creates a sip trunk between a SIP capable PBX and Skype.

In my office we opted for a solution that connected Skype to our existing PBX. We didn't want our users to have to man a desk phone and a soft phone. We also didn't want them to be able to IM with friends all day, which they can do with the Skype client. Lastly we wanted our receptionist to be able to tell when our employees are on call whether that be a Skype call or a regular landline call. We have a No Microsoft policy so we opted for skip2pbx versus other skype to pbx options out there. Skip2pbx is ubuntu/debian based. We looked at Vosky too but their option was more than 4x the price of skip2pbx. Of course Vosky is a turn key solution. skip2pbx is almost identical in features, but does require you to provide your own hardware and knowledge getting everything running.

Of course this solution isn't perfect when there is a desk with a sunray but no desk phone....

And like I said we are Microsoft free, so Skype on Windows was never an option so we never explored that path.

If you ran SRSS on Linux or OpenSolaris then the Ekiga SIP client would be on the system. Not so on Solaris 10. I can only assume two way audio would work with Ekiga as I've never tested it. Gizmo on Linux might be another possibility. It too can now connect to the Skype network.

Aaron Wilson
Ernie Ball, Inc.
I.T. Department

NOTICE: This e-mail is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this e-mail
or its contents is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply mail and destroy the
original and all copies of the original message.

fitra budi anggoro wrote:
Dear All,
Got a requirement from our customer to run VoIP in Windows (eg Skype) Hence the need for both upstream and downstream audio. The RDP client, uttsc, does only downstream (ie to the DTU) today. Upstream from the DTU audio in (to the server) is not there yet.
Any idea how to meet this?
Thanks
Fitra