I did another fresh install yesterday.

gdbm.i386 was definitely installed but I still had to
ln -s /usr/lib/libgdbm.so.2 /usr/lib/libgdbm.so.3

Oh well. Minor inconvenience but it works.

Finally got everything installed and running.
After everything was installed I did have to do a:
yum install libXfont
and then for good measure followed it up with
utrestart -c
to get rid of a 26D

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 3:22 AM, Joerg Barfurth <joerg.barfu...@sun.com> wrote:
> Aaron Wilson schrieb:
>>
>> We originally attempted to install on RHEL5.4 but where told by Sun it
>> wasn't supported so we installed RHEL5.3 on our servers instead.
>> Coincidently Red Hat tell us they don't support libgdbm.so.3....
>> They're Sun Fire x4140 servers
>> Anyways when we run utconfig we get an error. This occurs on RHEL5.3
>> and RHEL5.4 but in the case it's RHEL5.3 because it's "supported"
>>
>> [r...@slosunray01 sbin]# ./utconfig
>>
>> Configuration of Sun Ray Server Software
>>
>> This script automates the configuration of the Sun Ray Server Software
>> and related software products.  Before proceeding, you should have read
>> the Sun Ray Server Software 4.2 Installation Guide and filled out the
>> Configuration Worksheet.  This script will prompt you for the values
>> you filled out on the Worksheet.  For your convenience, default values
>> (where applicable) are shown in brackets.
>>
>> Continue ([y]/n)?
>> Enter Sun Ray admin password:
>> Re-enter Sun Ray admin password:
>> /opt/SUNWut/sbin/utpw: error while loading shared libraries:
>> libgdbm.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
>> directory
>> Password validation, utpw failed with unknown exit status 127
>> Enter Sun Ray admin password:
>>
>> At an impasse.
>> Not sure what to do next.
>>

> 1. Please make sure you have the 32-bit version of the gdbm package
> installed. To be sure try
>  # yum install gdbm.i386
> (I have seen 64-bit installs of RHEL 5.x where this was missing.)
>
> 2. Make sure the you have performed the required reboot after the install.
> SRSS creates some compatibility symlinks for libraries that have different
> names or external version numbers on different distros during that reboot.
>
> - Jörg
>
> --
> Joerg Barfurth           phone: +49 40 23646662 / x66662
> Software Engineer        mailto:joerg.barfu...@sun.com
> Desktop Technology
> Thin Client Software     http://www.sun.com/software/sunray/
> Sun Microsystems GmbH    http://www.sun.com/software/vdi/

Aaron Wilson
Ernie Ball, Inc.
I.T. Department
aa...@ernieball.com
(805) 544-7726
Skype: aaron.kane.wilson

NOTICE: This e-mail is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this
e-mail or its contents is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply mail and
destroy the original and all copies of the original message.