Fresh install of RHEL5 and SRSS

I attempt the compile and get

[r...@slosunray01 debugger]# gcc -shared -O2 -Wall -Werror -licuuc
-lssl flashsupport-for-linux-sunray.c -o libflashsupport.so
/usr/bin/ld: /tmp/cckq5egN.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `a local
symbol' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with
-fPIC
/tmp/cckq5egN.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

So then I tried it with -fPIC

gcc -shared -O2 -Wall -Werror -licuuc -lssl -fPIC
flashsupport-for-linux-sunray.c -o libflashsupport.so

That didn't throw any errors, but I still get no sound in firefox :(

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 5:31 AM, Alexander Koponen
<kopo...@mittag-leffler.se> wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Mar 2010, SIMOND Gilles wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> I've also installed SRSS 4.2 on fedora 12, everything works, sound also
>> the only remainning problem (if you know how to solve it, you're welcome!)
>> flash videos are displayed with the wrong colors in web browsers
>
> I use SRSS on RHEL 5 and my experiences are:
>
> Some versions of flash gives wrong colors in web browsers.
>
> Sound in flash can be solved with the patches from:
>  http://tobi.oetiker.ch/patches/
>
> For some reason Gnome with SRSS defaults to volume = 0 and turning up the
> volume gets sound.
>
> The applications compete for the sound support, so if you run an audioapp
> you might need to close it and restart firefox for firefox to get the sound.
>
> Everytime you update the kernel you need to recompile the utaudio, utadem,
> utdisk modules...
>
> Not everything works. It often boils down to whether the app respect the
> AUDIODEV setting.
>
> Also, SRSS sound emulates OSS not alsa. So set your app to OSS-sound or some
> kind of OSS-emulation.
>

>> I had to configure pulse audio to get it work with the utaudio device
>> so I add the small script listed below
>> the script is in /etc/opt/SUNWut/xinitrc.d/0101.SUNWutaudio with a
>> symbolic link to it in /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/
>>

>> Gilles Simond
>>
>> ======8<===============8<===============8<===============8<=========
>> #!/bin/bash
>>
>> if [ ! "x${UTAUDIODEV}" == "x" ] ; then
>>
>> if [ ! -d ${HOME}/.pulse ] ; then
>>  mkdir ${HOME}/.pulse
>> fi
>>
>> # create pulseaudio configuration for utaudio
>> PULSECONF=${HOME}/.pulse/default.pa
>> sed "s|UTAUDIODEV|$UTAUDIODEV|g" /opt/SUNWut/lib/utpulse.pa > ${PULSECONF}
>>
>> # create asoundrc for pulseaudio redirection
>> ASOUNDRC=${HOME}/.asoundrc
>> echo -n > ${ASOUNDRC}
>> echo "pcm.!default { " >> ${ASOUNDRC}
>> echo "  type pulse" >> ${ASOUNDRC}
>> echo "}" >> ${ASOUNDRC}
>> echo "ctl.!default { " >> ${ASOUNDRC}
>> echo "  type pulse" >> ${ASOUNDRC}
>> echo "}" >> ${ASOUNDRC}
>>
>> fi
>> ======8<===============8<===============8<===============8<=========
>>
>> On 08/03/2010 12:16, Hana Skoumalova wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I managed to install and configure SRSS 4.2 on Fedora 12, but I have
>>> problems with sound.
>>>
>>> On the system console, the sound works (so the problem is not in
>>> Fedora-not-supporting-multimedia).
>>>
>>> The env variables AUDIODEV and UTAUDIODEV are set to
>>> /tmp/SUNWut/dev/utaudio/utdsp-0, the devices in /tmp/SUNWut/dev/utaudio
>>> are created:
>>>
>>> total 8
>>> drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 2010-03-08 11:53 ./
>>> drwxr-xr-x 3 root staff 4096 2010-03-08 11:07 ../
>>> crw------- 1 skoumal staff 14, 3 2010-03-08 11:53 utdsp-0
>>> prw------- 1 skoumal staff 0 2010-03-08 11:53 utdsp-0stat|
> [...]

Aaron Wilson
Ernie Ball, Inc.
I.T. Department
aa...@ernieball.com
(805) 544-7726
Skype: aaron.kane.wilson

NOTICE: This e-mail is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this
e-mail or its contents is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply mail and
destroy the original and all copies of the original message.