I really wish Chrome was supported on RHEL5.4. Things would be so much easier.
I also wish that Youtube HTML5 support worked in Firefox with the
Mozilla VLC plugin installed.
Alas the Mozilla VLC plugin is not available on RHEL5.4.
Lastly I really wish SRSS was officially supported on useful Linux distros :)

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 6:29 AM, Magnus Varmfors <mag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/4/4 Magnus Varmfors <mag...@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> this is my setup, not with 64bit but 32bit, however, I assume it could
>>> work with your setup as well (dunno about 32bit Flash 9 on 64bit, but if
>>> you can solve this then it should work). The following passages are from
>>> my so far private work-in-progress How-To for Debian Squeeze. I am
>>> posting all audio setup parts, the git stuff you may need most is at the
>>> bottom.
>>>

>> Hi there!
>>
>> For some reason, this approach doesn't work at all for me, most likely
>> because I'm using 64bit (as I said before).
>>
>> Looking around for some solution to this, I found Minitube, which is
>> an application that turns Youtube into a streaming videochannel, i.e
>> more like TV.
>>
>> This works, with sound, on Ubuntu 9.10 64b and SRSS 4.2, and does not
>> require Flash or Firefox.
>>
>> http://www.ubuntugeek.com/install-minitube-in-ubuntu-9-10-karmic.html
>>
>> Flashbased games and such are still without sound, but at least now
>> Youtube videos are available and with a nice GUI too. :)
>
> As a followup, if using Google Chrome and choosing Youtube with html5
> (youtube.com/html5) I get sound on any Youtube video.
>
> Regards,
>
> / Magnus
>
> --
> Blog on TAP, http://magvar.wordpress.com
> Job offers welcome, http://www.linkedin.com/in/mavar
>
> Me code, you bug.
>  - Famous last words in Foo bar

Aaron Wilson
Ernie Ball, Inc.
I.T. Department
aa...@ernieball.com
(805) 544-7726
Skype: aaron.kane.wilson

NOTICE: This e-mail is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this
e-mail or its contents is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply mail and
destroy the original and all copies of the original message.