Over the past couple of years every once in a blue moon we have to go
in and manually release IP addresses.
Sometimes one or more of the IP addresses will get stuck in unusable
state. I can't remember the exact term dhcpmgr calls that state.
We've had times when people brought in a laptop and plugged into the
ethernet network and got assigned an ip address from the sunray dhcp
pool and releasing it in dhcpmgr was needed cause the dhcp pool was
maxed and a DTU could no longer connect...

Other times for some reason or other laptops that connected to our
wifi access point didn't get an ip from the access point and took one
from the SunRay pool.....I think I finally got that fixed

Another nice thing about dhcpmgr is one time we got a new router and
so our gateway address changed so it was real simple to adjust the
macro for the sunray DTUs in dhcpmgr

I could probably think up more reasons having dhcpmgr was nice in the
last five years. :)

I can live with editing /var/lib/dhcpd/dhcpd.leases and restarting
dhcp as long is it doesn't kill sessions to all attached DTU's.

Thanks,

Aaron