Our smart card use isn't really for security. It forces users to be
mobile. Not every user has their own dedicated DTU and they share.
If we didn't force smart card use then people would login, forget to
logout and then the screensaver would kick on and lock the screen and
I'd be killing sessions all day so the next person that needed to use
the DTU could.

If I'm somewhere in the building where there isn't a Sun Ray or
Ethernet and all I had was my MacBook and WiFi and wanted to pull up
my Sun Ray desktop then I could.

At least that's the use I see for it.
Seems like it could completely eliminate our need for SGD too, or is
that OGD now? :)

--
Aaron