Jerome Hoefer wrote:

I wanted to report that there is a problem when writing Arabic (and, supposedly, other right-to-left scripts). I use Pidgin 2.9.0 on Windows Vista and 7. Here is the description of the problem: In order to use some diacritical marks or combine certain characters in writing Arabic, I ordinarily use "dead keys", in the same way you write, in the Latin script "é", for example, i.d. you insert the (at first unvisible) accent sign, after which you enter the vowel. The accent is a dead key, it does not show at

Pending a more authoritative answer from a developer, I would assume that this level of input method processing is handled entirely by GTK+, and you should probably start looking into its bug reports.

--
David Woolley