Etan Reisner wrote:
pidgin is an IM client not an account. You uninstall it the same way you
uninstall any other program that has been installed on your computer.

There does seem to be an issue with removing Pidgin in that it runs with only a system tray UI presence, and typical, non-technical, users of Pidgin don't account for this, so the uninstall fails because it is still running.

I haven't written Windows installers, so I don't know how easy it would be to either have the un-installer terminate the application, or have the final removal done as a runonce operation on the next reboot.

[OP removed from explicit addresses.]

--
David Woolley