On 09/16/2012 08:51 AM, Shlomi Fish wrote:
Hi nospam2009archive,

On Sun, 16 Sep 2012 08:40:45 -0400
nospam2009archive <nospam2009arch...@videotron.ca> wrote:

Hello,

I am running Fedora 17 XFCE. The keyboard suddenly stops functioning
in pidgin. I found one workaround cited on google whereby one chooses
input method and reselects "system ( simple ). This works for entry
boxes used to send messages, but I noticed that when I try to create
a new status, the keyboard still does not function. I skipped the
latest fedora 17 prebuild and compiled directly from source. Still no
change. Is there a solution?

See this bug:

http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/15220

I reported it and it seems that upgrade to gtk+2.0 2.24.12 fixes it. Other
gtk+2.0
programs, such as claws-mail were also influenced by it.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I believe I have the latest version possible:

"Package gtk2-2.24.11-1.fc17.x86_64 already installed and latest version"

Go easy on me if I am wrong, because I am not the most savvy linux user out there.