Regarding the original question, you cannot log on to Pidgin. What you are failing to log onto is Office Communicator.

Office Communicator support appears to be provided by a third party plugin, so you need to contact the maintainers of that plugin directly as this list doesn't cover third party plugins. There seems to be more than one, so I don't know which you are using.

NTLM authentication is one of the authentication schemes used by Microsoft software. It is possible that the server you are using does not support that and requires MS Kerberos. I don't know if the plugin you are using supports that.