On 25/08/16 14:35, Bajah wrote:

I'm using Pidgin 2.10.12 - I can update to 2.11 (oh what I'd do for an
auto-updater) but I can't find anything in the changelog that suggests
it'll fix this Yahoo version notice.

Yahoo is going to a completely proprietary protocol. There will be no core support for that protocol in Pidgin, however there is a third party development. This is a one man effort and is presumably dependent on reverse engineering the protocol, so may take quite some time to become fully functional, although apparently it already covers the basic functions. Yahoo would probably prefer that it never did.