Hi Cedric,

You might have more luck getting an answer from the Telepathy plugin
developers, either on their issue tracker on github or in the
Telegram-Purple development group chat.

Something else you can check is that you're not using the Conversation
Colours plugin (in Tools->Plugins) as this can interfere with colours (and
also inline images)

Cheers,
Eion