Hi Thoth,

You could try using the Message Notification plugin (in Tools->Plugins) and
playing around with the settings there if you need a bit more control
around that sort of thing.  There's an option there for 'flash window' that
you might be able to disable to help with what you're trying to do.

Cheers,
Eion