.I'm looking ahead to a new IM service. I'm very happy with Pidgin, and it's
not like it doesn't support plenty of protocols, so I'm sure I can find one
that works. But I thought I'd ask here what other folks think will be the best
replacement.

My criteria:

-        Available on PC, Mac, Android and iPhone

-        Supported by Pidgin (I have successfully moved my "problem" user, aka
my wife, to Pidgin: she hates UI changes, so I don't want to change again!)

I'm also wondering if anyone has looked into support for Fuze and Teams.
They're quite possibly too closed, but I thought I'd ask. Both have horrible
UIs (and I'm being generous there).

Thanks for any thoughts!

...phsiii