My company uses Pidgin in a Citrix environment.  I recently got  a new laptop
running Windows 10 Pro.  My previous laptop was also Windows 10.  Pidgin is not
on my laptop but is in our Citrix environment which runs Windows Server 2019.
I am logging into the same CItrix environment with my new laptop as with my old
laptop.  With my old laptop in Citrix, the Pidgin sounds worked fine.  But
since getting my new laptop, my Pidgin sounds don't work when I receive or send
a message.  Other audible messages work in Citrix, such as the notification
when I get an email or a meeting invitation, and the sound works when playing
videos in Citrix, but Pidgin remains silent.  One strange thing I have noticed
is that if I send or receive a Pidgin message at the same time as an email
coming in, the Pidgin "badonk" sound plays on top of the email notification
sound.  If I immediately send another message right after that, silence again.
I have ensured that the Sounds When Converstion Has Focus is checked, Enable
Sounds = Always, Play is checked for Message Received, Message Received Begins
Conversation, Message Sent, You Talk In Chat, Others Talk In Chat are all
checked.  At the bottom of the Sound Events screen, the word (default) is in
the box.  If I hit Preview, it plays a sound that is like a dull tone that
fades in and out over a couple of seconds.  It doesn't play the "badonk" sound
that I am used to.  When I click Browse to look for other sounds, I don't see
anything in the folder that comes up.  I'm missing messages fairly often and
have not had any luck working with our local IT who setup the laptop.  Any
ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark Whittaker