im just going to chime in here as  i have about 50 or so diff pieces of
equipment and  vehicles  all runiing b 100     i have yet to have any failure
of any kind (im sure i just doomed myself)   injection pump   related in any of
 my  vehicles or equipment  ranging from late seventies   to 2007  duramax
have you taken  the vehicle to someone who could check the onboard  comp with a
code reader to see if you have any  fault codes   stored???   i f so it might
narrow  down your problem area,,,  because of the price to replace injection
pump i think i would       at least have a code reader hooked up to see if you
have any injector pump related fault codes