Keep in mind: switching to a different set of tools would create disruptions to
the core team’s workflow. Context switch is expensive and perhaps hard to
understand from outside. Quite a few core team members are active participants
of mailing lists out side of Swift.org (yes, those indeed exist! e.g. llvm). So
to use a another set of tool, as we say here, is *purely additive* to a lot of
folks. I can’t speak for the team, but the fact that we are here is a strong
indication of their preference. Unless you are unsatisfied with the Swift 3
process/outcome, I’d the mailing list has proven to be working fantastically.