Hi Erica,

I think this proposal needs to address how allowing arbitrary identifiers to
become declaration modifiers would work during parsing.  Custom accessgroups
may not be in the same file - or even module - as the code they effect, meaning
that

foo
bar
func myFunction() {}

cannot be parsed into anything reasonable until we’ve first found all of the
visible accessgroup declarations.  It’s even worse when we do syntax-only
parsing like we use for some IDE stuff (e.g. syntax colouring, code-folding).
In that case we do not import any modules (not even the stdlib), and we are
only looking at one file, not the full set of files in the module.

Ben