Hi everyone,

This week's speaker in the University of Sydney Philosophy Seminar Series is
Sam Shpall, (University of Sydney)

The title of the talk is "Limerence". Here is an abstract for the talk:

I explore the psychologist Dorothy Tennov's (1979) largely neglected account of
limerence—or, very roughly, the experience of being in love. I argue that
several core features of Tennov's account are distinctive and insightful; that
the concept of limerence helps us address deep confusion in our thinking about
sex and love; and that reflecting on limerence may give us useful perspective
on significant relationship practices like cohabitation, monogamy, and
co-parenting.

The seminar will take place at 3:30pm on Wednesday Mar 27 in the Philosophy
Seminar Room (N494).

Enquiries about the seminar series can be directed to
ryan....@sydney.edu.au<mailto:ryan....@sydney.edu.au>

Ryan Cox
Associate Lecturer in Philosophy
Discipline of Philosophy
School of Humanities
University of Sydney
ryan....@sydney.edu.au
---------
SydPhil mailing list

To unsubscribe, change your membership options, find answers to common
problems, or visit our online archives, please go to the list information page: