Thanks for the replies.  Normally, I use partials and do return custom
view strings.  This case is a bit different.  I have a few variations
of an action:

applyToReservation, applyToImmediateReservation, etc.

Some of the non SUCCESS views are the same for these actions, so I
placed them in applyToReservation, ie: applyToReservationIneligible.

So, in applyToImmediateReservation, I wanted to call setTemplate() to
call the Ineligible view.

>From your replies, I guess I am better off creating  a partial with
the Ineligible content for all of these actions, and then just
returning Ineligible in each.

Thanks,
Steve