Hello,

I am not working anymore on the Zend_Search version as it suffers from
performance issues. Now, the svn version should works fine with Propel
and Doctrine.

Now, I have started a new branch to handle Solr engine (which is based
on Java and Lucene), the current version on the svn should work fine
(used in production). I am currently working on unit test, removing
sfContext dependency and much more.

However, if you find critical bugs in the Zend_Search version, please
send me a patch.

Thomas

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 5:35 AM, Richtermeister <nex...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, the plugin is available for propel 1.2 via svn only from what I
> can tell. Still works just as advertised. Not that even the svn 1.2
> doctrine version actually works for propel as well. So, all is good :)
>
> Daniel
>

> On Nov 25, 12:30 pm, larry <lkrub...@geocities.com> wrote:
>> I should add, I'm working with Propel. I see that Thomas Rabaix did
>> some work to get the plugin working with Doctrine. There was a
>> conversation about that here:
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/symfony-users/browse_thread/thread/148...
>>
>> But I am curious if any work was ever done to get the plugin to work
>> with sf 1.2 and Propel?
>>
>> On Nov 25, 3:23 pm, larry <lkrub...@geocities.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I unthinkingly started to install the sfLucenePlugin:
>>
>> >http://www.symfony-project.org/plugins/sfLucenePlugin/0_1_6?tab=plugi...
>>
>> > Go this error:
>>
>> > "  You try to install a symfony 1.0
>> > plugin.
>> >   Please read the help message of this task to know how to install a
>> > plugin for the current version of symfony. "
>>
>> > I double-checked the README and I saw that I needed to use the new
>> > plugin version:
>>
>> >http://www.symfony-project.org/plugins/sfLucenePlugin11
>>
>> > But that page simply says:
>>
>> > "The plugin sfLucenePlugin11 does not exist. "
>>
>> > The 0.1.6 describes itself as ready for sf 1.2:
>>
>> >  sfLucenePlugin  0.1.6beta  for sf 1.2sf 1.1sf 1.0 MIT
>>
>> > But that seems unlikely because it was released on 05/04/2008 - long
>> > before 1.2 was released. Who is adding in this meta information?
>>
>> > Anyway, it seems as if the plugin is dead?
>>
>> > So I am curious, what are people using for search, in Symfony
>> > projects?
>>
>> > (I searched the archives of this mailist group to see previous
>> > discussions of this plugin. I was surprised to see that this plugin is
>> > rarely talked about and when it is, the posts tend to be solitary
>> > questions that never get a response:
>>
>> >http://groups.google.com/group/symfony-users/browse_thread/thread/74e...
>>
>> >http://groups.google.com/group/symfony-users/browse_thread/thread/74e...

Thomas Rabaix