> @pghoratiu: Yeah I know about Solr, but I cannot use it, like I wrote
> in the first post :-(
>
> Is there an alternative PHP-Search-Engine to Zend Lucene?
====
Sphinx is a good alternative, I did not use it personally but my
colleagues have and they are content with it.

It very much depends on what exactly you try to accomplish, maybe the
in-database search is
enough for you if you have a small data set and have no special
requirements for the free text search part.
If this is the case you may consider also:
  - MySQL Free text search.
  - Doctrine Searchable behavio

   gabriel

security at symfony-project.com