If you want to upgrade the project you can get only till 1.3 because
in 1.4 the backward compatible elements were removed.
To move the project between 1.3 -> 1.4 you will certainly have to do
some rewrites/refactoring.

I also have a project running on 1.0 but I think I would rather jump
to 1.4 directly and do a rewrite of the code.

    gabriel

security at symfony-project.com