I want to use this because I have some system setting which should
really belong in that app.yml file. But the admins which I am
developing it for want to change those settings in an admin panel.
Think for example the lifetime of a post, how many credits for a quick
respons / answer, etc. All settings I want to access by using
sfConfig::get()

The use op PHP in app.yml is possible I've seen, the only thing
missing is the database connection. "No connection information in your
runtime configuration file for datasource [propel]" How can I get that
connection there?

security at symfony-project.com