Hey there,

I use the admin generator exclusively for my admin backends. I find
that it gives a quick yet solid foundation for all my admin needs, and
if I run into situations like you describe (make the same changes to
different modules) I can simply extend the generator itself and the
changes take effect elsewhere. Also, by not generating a "solid
module" you keep yourself open for future improvements, as has just
happened within the Propel15 admin generator for example.

I agree that the generator.yml can be abused, but I only use it as an
optional control layer on top of what the forms do by default, so
there's not much duplication.

Does that help, or am I misunderstanding the issue?

Daniel

security at symfony-project.com