> It might be worthwhile to take things a step further by versioning
> them in the URL so that they can be given an infinite cache expiration
> date, although this requires a database hit or perhaps a glob call
> when outputting the pages that contain them. The code is a big step
> forward as-is if you are using unminimized, uncombined CSS and JS and
> has no negative impact on your existing caching issues, but we'll
> think about next steps.
====
I think think it's important to add cache invalidation as well. My
suggestion is to append another key
to app.yml to have a cache key that can be updated manually and append
that key too the minified resource
file:
all:
  a:
    ver:1
css/main.css?ver=1
This way css and js pages can be cached indefinitely on the client
side without having problems when manually
updating the css or js files.

    gabriel

security at symfony-project.com