Hi there,

I'm very new into Symfony and althoug I've something running, I came through
something I won't be able to sort out by my own.

Using Doctrine i setup a few models, two of them are "Item" and "Proposal".
I setup the yaml file so that a "proposal" references one "item".
A proposal references an item and has a name it can be searched by. An item
has a description.

In a page, I've setup a Lucene search so that I can find "proposal" given a
plain text search. This works great. As a consequence I can
$proposal->getId() etc ...
However, I also need to pull all the information from the associated object.
So, in my DQL query I use a leftJoin between both tables.

The result set contains "Item" arrays containing the data I need.

My question at that point is how can I leverage the model ? I mean I wish I
could use $proposal->getItem()->getDescription() or at least
$item->getDescription(), unfortunately, the item i receive from Doctrine is
plain, I mean not mapped to the object model. What can be done ?

Thank you !

Sekine

security at symfony-project.com