On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 11:31 PM, Aaron Meurer <asmeu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you wanted to make any edits, now is the time. I am finishing up my
> edits now and am going to submit what I have. I will also check again on
> Friday to see if anyone made any changes and submit again if there are
> (also please let me know here if you do make changes so that I won't
> forget).
>
> We also need people to update the ideas page and the application template.
> The idea page is very important.  At the summits, we've heard from Google
> that the ideas page is the most important part of the application. The
> template is perhaps less important for Google (although who knows), but
> more important for the students, as it tells them how to get started with
> the project, and what to put in their proposals.
>
> I have a question about the application. There is a paragraph:
>
> This year we plan to require each student to spend at least 10% or more of
>> their time in reviewing other people's pull requests (PRs) (most of these
>> will
>> invariably be from other GSoC students, since they tend to be the most
>> active
>> contributors during the summer time).
>
> I think this 10% figure can be hard to measure. Can we have something
concrete like being a lead reviewer (for the lack of a better term) to at
least one PR (newbie PRs might be good for this purpose since they are
usually easy to review). This 'one patch + one review' might be a good idea.

Thoughts?

Saurabh

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAP%2BqjMgbm5CqKmOCr1voUGqW9zcDhOQxh1F9Cyt2oCdvSehKHg%40mail.gmail.com.