I think, we need to add "/" as valid char in the TAG.

At least in the FreeBSD version of syslog (which I'm extending to use
-sign), the TAG is frequently set to the progname, including its path.
E.g. "/usr/sbin/cron".

I think this logging the path is smart, as it makes clear which
program is logging. (I think most systems nowdays have multiple
executables with the same name. I have a least 3 programs named
"sendmail" :-)

We can allow this, by simply adding this to section 2.2, page 10.

Hope this will be accepted.

--
ALbert Mietus
        Send prive mail to:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]