While re-reading -sign, some clarification...

Neither -sign-12 nor my proposed text below specifies US-ASCII as
mandatory. As such, any character set would be appropriate. The encoded
characters would just need to be visible and not be SP or colon. As
such, UTF-8 would be perfectly fine in this field. This is also
consistent with RFC 3164.

I will move this assumption into -international-01 and explicitely
define it.

Any opposition against this?

Rainer