try loop_status.last instead of loop_status.isLast(). EL will translate it
as per javabeans specification

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 12 April 2004 18:41
To: Taglibs
Subject: isLast() method of LoopTagStatus class

I'm trying to output a comma delimited list based on a varying list of
statuses that will
be input from a select menu in a form. I was trying to figure out how to
avoid putting a
comma after the last value, and it seemed like testing with the isLast()
method of the
LoopTagStatus class would be a good thing to use. I'm not quite sure how to
go about
using it, though. Reading about it, it looks like the 'varStatus' attribute
of the
<c:forEach> tag creates a variable to hold a LoopTagStatus object. My code
below was how
I assumed I would then be able to access the isLast() method:

<%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" language="java" %>
<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core"; %>
<%@ taglib prefix="sql" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/sql"; %>
<c:forEach items="${paramValues.status}" var="status_row"
varStatus="loop_status">
    '${status_row.status_name}'
  <c:if test="${!(loop_status.isLast())}">, </c:if>
</c:forEach>

But when I do this, I get the following error back:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /report_status_data.jsp(20,3) The
function isLast must
be used with a prefix when a default namespace is not specified

Here's an example of the kind of output I'm trying to generate. The list has
possibility of being shorter or longer than this:

'In-Progress', 'Closed', 'Terminated', 'Withdrawn'

Thanks in advance!

Keith