Hi Bart,

What is the J2SE version that you are using on Windows?

The JSTL release comes with a pre-packaged examples war file that you can drop into your Tomcat webapps directory. It is called "standard-examples.war". You don't need to do any custom packaging for the examples.

Sounds like you've made many modifications to your environment. I would try downloading the 3 pieces that I mentioned and trying that setup out. It might be easier to do that than making further modifications on your current setup.

I don't know what's going on in your environment exactly, but if you want to specifically address the exception that you are getting you can look at the following site:

http://bobcat.webappcabaret.net/javachina/faq/xml_java_01.htm#jaxp_ps_Q14

Thanks,

Justyna

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Thanks for the reply.
That is the setup that I thought I had put in place on a Win 2003 server
box.
When I tried to run some jstl examples from a book, most of them worked
right away, so I thought that I was good to go. Then I tried the book's XML examples and found that none of them would
work. At this point I have lost track of all the things that I have tried to
get things working, but I know that I eventually found the
jakarta-taglib 5/27 build and downloaded it. After placing the jar files
and examples as best I could, I have all the jakarta examples working
except the xml transform ones. Even the xml parser examples are
working...
So now I am baffled by the exception that I get (illustrated earlier),
especially since the parser examples are working. I thought that the sax
stuff had to be in place for the parser to work.??

Perhaps I need to start all over with this. Don't know what I messed
up.. :-(