Hi Toby

On 29/08/2018 20:40, Toby Speight wrote:
There's still no documentation on the tag wiki at [1] or [2].

As pointed out previously that's to be done & is not essential to making amendments. The delay is primarily waiting for you to put your argument across..

Interestingly, there is a mention of "unsigned_ref" [3] that's close to
what's proposed.  Perhaps that could be a way forward?

[3] <URL: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:unsigned_ref >

'highway_authority_ref', plus the other tags that will be assimilated into it, will be assumed to be unsigned. Thatis, after all, the purpose of the exercise.

As mentioned in previous posts, my 'things to do list' include amalgamating any 'this road is signed' tags & similar for all 'source tags. As the tags to use hasn't been agreed yet, I will discuss these in a thread here, once the primary task has been concluded.

Cheers
DaveF