On Feb 19, 2011, at 4:27 PM, Nic Roets wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 2:03 AM, Richard Fairhurst <rich...@systemed.net>
> wrote:
>> This is getting crazy.
>>
>> Exhibit 1:
>> http://twitter.com/#!/maproomblog/status/39053538692698112
>>
>> "Whoever imported CanVec in Aylmer, Quebec obliterated hours of work and
>> introduced hundreds of errors. #osm #openstreetmap #whybother"
>>
>> Once again, some keyboard jockey has decided that his l337 import skills are
>> better than the knowledge and hours of work by a local mapper. The offender
>> appears to be user 'sammuell' by the look of it -
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/sammuell - though he hasn't posted
>> anything about his activities on the user page, the wiki, or indeed
>> anywhere.

And has anyone bothered to email him and ask whats up? Maybe he honestly
thought the CanVec data was better that what was there?

> I would consider that immediate ground for reverting it.

I would think (or at least hope) that this kind of bad import would be less of
an issue if the revert tools were not so arcane. My previous attempts are
reverting stuff have always ended up with manual XML fiddling to get the
desired results.

It would be good to provide the user who made the changes with an easy "undo"
button on the web interface, at least if they realized their error before other
modifications where made to it.